Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've been making this quick bread since I first learned how to cook back when I was in grade school. I don't remember where I got it from, but I wanted to pass it along to all of you. It makes a nice breakfast bread with coffee.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture and stir thoroughly enough to moisten flour.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered loaf pan and bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- *note-can add chopped nuts or fruit into the dough for a different variation.
I found this to be a good bread. My husband loved it. It was a bit moist but that is a good thing. I baked it in a 1 quart glass oval dish and used olive oil instead of melted butter. Will make it again using dried blueberries.
This was really not what I had expected it to be. First of all, you've gone wrong with the measurements of the ingredients. I made this today, hence, I must share with you the correct measurements. I used 1 3/4 cup milk, 2 eggs and 6 tbsp butter(The remaining ingredients were the same in measurement as what you've mentioned in the recipe). Unfortunately, it didn't turn out as great as I'd hoped and imagined it to.