Recipe by Lori Fields
I've been making this quick bread since I first learned how to cook back when I was in grade school. I don't remember where I got it from, but I wanted to pass it along to all of you. It makes a nice breakfast bread with coffee.
Top Review by bighoneygrl
I found this to be a good bread. My husband loved it. It was a bit moist but that is a good thing. I baked it in a 1 quart glass oval dish and used olive oil instead of melted butter. Will make it again using dried blueberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture and stir thoroughly enough to moisten flour.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered loaf pan and bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- *note-can add chopped nuts or fruit into the dough for a different variation.