Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
In 'The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion'
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 2⁄3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar, for coating the dough
- Preheat the oven to 350°; lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the oil, brown sugar, molasses, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Mix in the flour.
- Shape or scoop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- A tablespoon cookie scoop can be used to portion the dough.
- Roll the balls in granulated sugar and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Use a fork to press a crisscross pattern into the top of each.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until they are set.
- Remove them from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.