Absolutely light as a feather. Folks will eat this one, no matter how stuffed they are! It stands very tall in the crust, due to the whipped egg whites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake the pie shell or tart shells according to package instructions, then cool.
- 2In a saucepan, combine milk and gelatin, heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- 3Add pumpkin, brown sugar, spices and egg yolks.
- 4Cook until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- 5Cool until mixture begins to set-about 20 minute.
- 6Beat the egg whites, gradually adding the white sugar, until stiff.
- 7With a wisk, fold egg whites into pumpkin mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 8Pile into pie crust or tart shells.
- 9Refrigerate. Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sue's Ultra-Light Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 196.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g