Recipe by Ben Ross
I love prawns. This is one of the yummiest prawn dishes that I have had. It combines two fantastic cooking elements, prawns and the BBQ. I think they go hand in hand.
Top Review by Bergy
Excellent recipe. Nice combination of herbs they do not detract from the flavor of the prawns only enhance it,. I used large parawns (16 to the pound) and cut the recipe in half. Too cold to BBQ so I broiled them Thanks Ben, great recipe
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh herb (, Parsley,Thyme,oregano etc.)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- salt and pepper
- 1 kg medium size prawns
- 1 lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, shallots, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in shrimp.
- Marinate at room temperature 1 hour.
- stirring occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue on medium heat.
- Thread prawns on narrow skewers.
- Grill until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Arrange cups of letuce on a platter and then place the skewers on the platter.
- Garnish with lemon and serve.