Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
We have a Vita Mix blender which is essential for this sort of smoothie. Make sure you add lots of fruit to give it some sweetness. This recipe makes a lot so half it if you are the only one drinking it. It keeps about a week in our fridge. You can alter the ingredients to suit your own tastes.
- 4 cups greens (kale, chard, dandelions etc.)
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 cup frozen fruit (we use the anti-oxidant fruits)
- 1 tablespoon dates (soaked in orange juice)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups orange juice (or other juice)
- 1 teaspoon lecithin powder (I used granules)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bee pollen
Directions See How It's Made
- Here's what we do:.
- Early in the morning go out into the garden and gather up your greens.
- If you don't have a garden get the greens from the grocery store, but get organic ones, these won't have any pesticide/herbicides on them. But wash them anyway.
- Stuff the greens into the blender and add the liquid ingredients. Then add the fruit and process until nice and creamy. You can make it thin or thick, it's up to you and what you like. We like ours a little on the thin side.
- Store in a jug in the fridge and enjoy often.
- Bon Appetit!