Recipe by Kanzeda
I love this pot pie variation. It's quick and cozy, made with stuff I always have on hand. I prefer cornbread stuffing, and if it's available I add chicken.
Top Review by Chicagopm
I had all of the ingredients listed and I wanted to use them up. I doubled this recipe and to half of it I added one can of chicken and this really helped a lot. The instructions say to add cheese or sprinkle it on the mixture but the ingredient list doesn't specify cheese as an ingredient or the amount. I added about 1/2 cup of cheddar to the mix. I think that this was a hearty dish and it was very easy to prepare.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vegetables, soup and stock in saucepan and heat through.
- Add seasoning.
- Take off of the heat, and add the stuffing mix.
- It only takes a couple of minutes for the stuffing to absorb the fluid.
- For a prepare ahead casserole, spread the mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- For straight to dish serving, simply stir in cheese at the last minute.