Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Decadent breakfast. Based off of a recipe at a local restaurant for stuffed french toast. They simply stuffed the toast with cream cheese. I used a fluffy cream cheese spread which I think works better.
- 10 waffles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (reduced fat is okay)
- 1⁄4 cup Cool Whip Topping
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup blueberry pie filling (or other pie filling of choice, you could also easily use fresh fruit)
- *I used store-bought frozen waffles for this, but you could easily make with homemade waffles. Also, this dish works well with French toast instead of waffles.
- Cook waffles as directed on package or make homemade waffles.
- In a bowl, mix softened cream cheese until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip Topping and mix until fluffy - don't over mix. Fold in sugar and blend well.
- Place first waffle on plate. Spread a heaping spoonful of cream cheese mixture over top. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of blueberry pie filling.
- Serve with Cool Whip Topping if desired.
- Note that the cream cheese mixture is great served on other breakfast foods like bagels.