Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipie is from Pol Martin's Modern American Cooking. My husband loves it. My neighbor seems to always "show up" when he smells us cooking, the aroma is wonderful.
- trim excess fat.
- Slice loins open lengthwise so that they can be stuffed.
- Drain mandarins and pour juice into small saucepan.
- Set fruit aside.
- Add honey and cook 15 minutes on high to thicken.
- Remove from stove and let cool.
- Heat butter in second saucepan.
- cook onions 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and seasonings,cook 4 minutes over high heat.
- Remove from stove, stir in cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Spread stuffing on both sides of meat.
- Add a row of mandarin segments and close, secure with string.
- Brush loins with mandarin honey mixture.
- Place on hot grill and partially cover.
- cook 30 minutes turning often, baste occasionally with mandarine mixture.
- Heat reservd mandarine mixture with leftover segments in a small saucepan.
- Pour over loins before serving.
This is quite similiar to the recipe my aunt used to make. I love it and thanks for bringing back some fond memories.