Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sometimes I change a recipe to suit my taste....this is one of them. The original recipe suggested using roasted red peppers which I didn't have on hand so I used pimento. The peppers and cheese were to be the stuffing. I choose to mix the pimento and cheese into the turkey and I stuffed them with additional cheese.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 cup pimentos (or roasted red pepper)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (separated - 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Make 8 equal sized patties rounds from the ground turkey breast.
- Add the pimento, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper.
- Top 4 of the pattie rounds with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining 4 patties working the turkey around the edges to seal burgers closed.
- Grill or broil until cooked thru, about 5 minutes per side.