From the boogie blog. His idea was to recreate a restaurant dish for Baked Salmon Sushi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
For Sriracha Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon sriracha asian garlic sauce
- 1In small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- 2Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder and honey in small saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Once brown sugar has melted, add cornstarch mixture and simmer, stirring, until sauce thickens to coat back of spoon. Remove from heat and cool.
- 3Once sauce cools, transfer to container or ziptop bag with salmon. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- 4Heat oven to 400*F.
- 5In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sweetened condensed milk. Starting with 1 tablespoons, add sriracha until desired level of spice is reached. Note: The more you whisk the saucier it will become for drizzling consistency.
- 6Line baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 7Remove salmon from marinade and place on cutting board. Carefully slit the side of each piece of salmon, making a long pocket, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Carefully insert 1 tablespoon cream cheese into each pocket and press fish to seal.
- 8Place salmon in baking dish and sprinkle each piece with 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through. Note: In the last 4-5 minutes, you can remove the foil and allow to carmelize under the broiler.
- 9Serve salmon drizzled with sriracha cream sauce and sprinkled with green onions (as a serving suggestion, over a bed of jasmine rice).
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Salmon With Sriracha Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 842.8
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 2634.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 69.4 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: