Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
A tapas style Antonio Carlucco recipe from Australian House & Garden magazine. Can be eaten hot or cold.
- 4 large red capsicums
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 3 teaspoons raisins
- 8 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small olive, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200c (180c with fan forced).
- Roast capsicums for about 10 mins until skins are charred & can be peeled off easily.
- Peel skin from capsicums, then halve or quarter lengthways. Remove seeds & discard.
- Mix the filling ingredients together, adding salt & pepper to taste & set aside.
- Lay capsicum pieces on a dry surface & divide the filling between them.
- Roll up to enclose & secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place on a baking tray & sprinkle liberally with dried breadcrumbs & drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with a bowl of olives on the side.