Galley Wench's Note:
The original recipe came from Better Homes and Garden with a few adjustments on my part. I love the flavor of poblano peppers, however you can use sweet green peppers if preferred. QETH . . .Quick, Easy, Tasty and Healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium poblano peppers or 4 medium sweet green peppers
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) envelope pre-cooked Spanish rice
- 2 cups cooked lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons mole, sauce (purchased)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1Using poblanos:.
- 2Preheat broiler.
- 3Place chiles on a foil-lined baking sheet, broil 3 inches from heat 8 minutes or until blackened, turning after 4 minutes.
- 4Place in zip-lock bag, seal.
- 5Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 6Peel and discard skins, cut a lengthwise slit in each chile, discarding seeds, leaving stems intact.
- 7Using sweet green peppers:.
- 8Remove tops and removed membranes and seeds.
- 9In 4 quart large dutch oven emmerse peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- 10Remove from water and drain, cut sides down, on paper towels.
- 11Prepare Filling:.
- 12Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- 13In a sacepan combine, rice, beef, corn, mole sauce and water.
- 14Cook uncovered over medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently.
- 15Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- 16Place peppers, cut side up, in baking dish.
- 17Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 18Spoon filling into peppers.
- 19Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- 20Bake for 20 minutes until cheese melts.
- 21Sprinkle with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Peppers Mole
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 445.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked lean ground beef