Recipe by Galley Wench
The original recipe came from Better Homes and Garden with a few adjustments on my part. I love the flavor of poblano peppers, however you can use sweet green peppers if preferred. QETH . . .Quick, Easy, Tasty and Healthy!
- 4 medium poblano peppers or 4 medium sweet green peppers
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) envelopepre-cooked Spanish rice
- 2 cups cooked lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons mole, sauce (purchased)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Using poblanos:.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place chiles on a foil-lined baking sheet, broil 3 inches from heat 8 minutes or until blackened, turning after 4 minutes.
- Place in zip-lock bag, seal.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Peel and discard skins, cut a lengthwise slit in each chile, discarding seeds, leaving stems intact.
- Using sweet green peppers:.
- Remove tops and removed membranes and seeds.
- In 4 quart large dutch oven emmerse peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Remove from water and drain, cut sides down, on paper towels.
- Prepare Filling:.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sacepan combine, rice, beef, corn, mole sauce and water.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place peppers, cut side up, in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling into peppers.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.