Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A savory, succulent taste sensation. From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 10 medium onions
- 1 lb canned salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil, for frying
- Cook onions in boiling water until tender.
- Mix salmon, green pepper, olive oil, and seasonings.
- Remove onions centers and fill with salmon mixture.
- Dredge each stuffed onion slightly with flour and dip into well-beaten eggs.
- Fry in hot deep fat (380F) until golden brown.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.