1 hr 20 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
These are the best - stuffed using lamb mince. You can make it vegetarian by replacing lamb with equivalent breadcrumb and semidried tomato chopped mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- 2Slice top off each onion about 2cm down.
- 3Using a spoon scoop out inside to leave 1cm thick case.
- 4Chop scooped out onion and fry with carrot in a little oil.
- 5Remove from pan and now brown the lamb mince (if using breadcrumb mixture just crisp it very lightly).
- 6Add in onion and carrot.
- 7Stir through flour and flavourings.
- 8Fill onions with mixture placing tops on.
- 9Place in roasting pan and pour stock around.
- 10Bake for approximately 1 hour.
- 11You can remove onions and reduce stock to caramelise and pour over onions to serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Onions
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.3
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 172.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 14.4 g