Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A vegetarian version with sun dried tomatoes and fresh herbs! I list here the original amount of olive oil called for in the recipe, but I have to admit I often skimp on it a bit!
- 15-20 fresh mushrooms
- 59.16 ml olive oil, plus
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 5 sprig parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 150 g cream cheese
- 14.79-29.58 ml parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml dry breadcrumbs
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop the stems finely.
- Heat 4 tbls of olive oil in a pan and saute chopped stems and garlic in oil.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in the remaining ingredients: sun dried tomatoes, chopped herbs, cream cheese, Parmesan, egg, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Fill mushroom caps with the stuffing.
- Brush the outsides of the caps with olive oil and place them in an oven-proof pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
I made this for the Spring 2010 PAC. These were great! I loved the flavor of all of the fresh herbs and sun dried tomatoes in these. I also loved how they were not dry, as many stuffed mushrooms are. I used like a tablespoon or less of oil to saute the mushrooms and garlic in and did'nt brush the caps with oil. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. I never saw putting an egg the filling for stuffed mushrooms, but it works really well because the filling stays together. Thanks for the great recipe!
I love stuffed mushrooms and usually make a filling with cream cheese, onion, garlic, parmesan and fresh herbs. I've never added sundried tomatoes before, but will from now on as they add great flavour. I used the oil from the tomatoes instead of the oilve oil and had bought a garlica and herb cream cheese (by mistake) which I used. I really enjoyed these mushrooms and can recommend them. Thank you, stormylee for another great recipe.
Oh my these are fabulous!!! I actually only used about 1 tsp of oil just to saute the garlic and shems. I didn't bother to brush them with oil and it worked fine. :) I also used light cream cheese and light parmesan cheese. The taste of these mushrooms is outstanding. The cream cheese gives so much creaminess and the garlic, tomatoes and herbs add so much great flavor. I loved that there was an egg in there as it really kept the filling together nicely. Thanks for such a great recipe!!