Recipe by Pessa
Adapted from an Emeril recipe, this is so delicious and filling! I just love it! I don't have a food processor so the chopping is the only hard part of this recipe. When I make it I chop douple the onion and peppers and we make shrimp fajitas the next night!
Top Review by drea228a
This dish was fast to make with my food processor, and was a full meal in itself. I used pre-cooked shrimp, which made it even faster! I substituted low-fat mozzarella for the top, and froze half of the recipe for dinner another day. I never knew that eggplant would taste so good in this combination. thanks for helping me keep my diet and my sanity!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop (also great with shrimp, tofu, chicken, anything!)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (we use a mixture of mozarella and provalone)
- 1 teaspoon original Emeril's Original Essence
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- After removing the top, cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, carefully scooping out the meat and removing as many seeds as possible.
- Set aside the shells as they will be used for"bowls".
- Chop peppers, onion, and eggplant meat into small pieces.
- Half cook the scallops with a little oil, preferably in a wok, seasoning with Essence to your taste (I am on a low sodium diet so I only use a little).
- Add chopped veggies and saute until soft.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well, using more seasoning, if necessary.
- Spoon the mixture into the eggplant shells.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Warm in a pre-heated 400F oven until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- And viola!
- Dinner is served!