Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have never had stuffed cucumbers but these sound very good. Found the recipe on recipehound.com and posted for ZWT 4 - Germany.
- 4 medium cucumbers, can also use 2 large cucumbers
- 4 rolls
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 4 slices bacon, cooked lightly and crumbled, can also use 1/4 lb cooked ground meat (optional)
- Cutting towards stem end pare cucumbers. Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl soak rolls in milk until saturated but still easy to handle.
- Squeeze rolls dry, discard excess milk and pull rolls into pieces.
- In a large skillet melt butter and saute rolls, onions, and parsley. Stir in egg yolks, salt and pepper, beef stock and fold in beaten egg whites. If desired, add crumbled bacon or the ground meat and cook until mixture holds together and is heated through.
- Gently add stuffing to centers of cucumbers and serve immediately.