Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These enjoyable little goodies are going to vanish quickly, so make sure to save(hide!) some for yourself in a secret corner nobody in your house knows! Its good to cheat sometimes, especially if its chocolate we are talking about, isn't it ;-)!!
- 200 g milk chocolate or 200 g dark chocolate
- 10 dates, without seeds
- 10 peanuts or 10 almonds, for stuffing
- icing sugar or powdered coconut or cashews, nut powder (You can make 3 batches of these dates each with 1 type of icing)
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath (by indirect heating).
- Stuff the de-seeded dates with peanuts or almonds.
- Dip the dates, one by one, in melted hot chocolate.
- Remove them using a fork.
- Place them in a bowl of either icing sugar or coconut powder or cashewnut powder.
- Gently roll the dates.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to harden the chocolate coating.
- Remove them from the bowl and serve.