Recipe by weekend cooker
a low-cal recipe found in an old filing cabinet, I have had this before. Very very tasty.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this to share with a house-bound neighbor couple & we all thoroughly enjoyed it! I used some homemade pasta sauce & was nicely surprised at how well the tofu was integrated, since I'm not a big fan there! Another time I'd like to use a homemade vegetarian pasta sauce on it & have my son & DIL (both vegetarians) over! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 21 pieces jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 cups homemade spaghetti sauce or 3 cups store bought spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs low-fat tofu, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread two cups spaghetti sauce in a 13x9 inch pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup water to remaining sauce and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tofu, parsley, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, and basil. Mix well.
- Fill cooked shells with tofu mixture.
- Place shells into baking pan.
- Pour remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce with 1/2 cup water over the top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top of spaghetti sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.