Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
a low-cal recipe found in an old filing cabinet, I have had this before. Very very tasty.
- 21 pieces jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 cups homemade spaghetti sauce or 3 cups store bought spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs low-fat tofu, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread two cups spaghetti sauce in a 13x9 inch pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup water to remaining sauce and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tofu, parsley, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, and basil. Mix well.
- Fill cooked shells with tofu mixture.
- Place shells into baking pan.
- Pour remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce with 1/2 cup water over the top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top of spaghetti sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Made this to share with a house-bound neighbor couple & we all thoroughly enjoyed it! I used some homemade pasta sauce & was nicely surprised at how well the tofu was integrated, since I'm not a big fan there! Another time I'd like to use a homemade vegetarian pasta sauce on it & have my son & DIL (both vegetarians) over! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
The best compliment someone could get, is from a child. My daughter finished her plate and said "Mummy this is very yummy, could I have some more". I made the whole eight servings using one packet of Cannoli shells (200 grams of pasta) then used the exact measurements for the rest of the recipe ingredients listed. It made enough for dinner and next day lunch. Hubby didn't realise it was tofu (We all are tofu fans) he thought it was ricotta cheese. This was very simple to put together, we served it with garlic bread and a crisp salad. Thank you weekend cooker.