An appetizer, salad or light entree. Think spring and summer!
Make and share this Stuffed Avocados Ecuador recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup minced ham (can sub chicken or tuna)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- shredded lettuce
- limes or lemon juice, for discoloration and adds a note of freshness
- 1 -2 tablespoon dill pickles or 1 -2 tablespoon sweet pickle, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced sweet onions or 1 -2 tablespoon green onion
- Combine the ham, chopped hard-boiled eggs and optional ingredients with enough mayonnaise to bind. Chill until ready to use.
- Just before serving, cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and peel. Place a half over shredded lettuce on six plates, sprinkle with lime or lemon juice to prevent discolation then add the filling to the avocado cup.
I scaled this back to use 1 avocado and it was a delicious lunch for the DM and myself. I added some finely sliced spring onion and only used about 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise and we both thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you gailanng, made for Everyday A Holiday.
This was scaled back to 1 avocado and made for a delicious lunch for 2. I added in green onion and only a small amount of the mayo. This was served on a bed of spring mix with fresh sliced tomatoes on the side. Made for ZWT7.
with 2 different caloric counts, &28% Saturated fat, this is a definate no no for most of us
Where is the Sat fat coming from? Lots of other "Unexplained fats" too. Avocado has fats, but this is more than that. I was very surprised. Yummy, but only once in blue moon.