Recipe by gailanng
An appetizer, salad or light entree. Think spring and summer!
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back to use 1 avocado and it was a delicious lunch for the DM and myself. I added some finely sliced spring onion and only used about 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise and we both thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you gailanng, made for Everyday A Holiday.
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup minced ham (can sub chicken or tuna)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- shredded lettuce
- limes or lemon juice, for discoloration and adds a note of freshness
- 1 -2 tablespoon dill pickles or 1 -2 tablespoon sweet pickle, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced sweet onions or 1 -2 tablespoon green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ham, chopped hard-boiled eggs and optional ingredients with enough mayonnaise to bind. Chill until ready to use.
- Just before serving, cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and peel. Place a half over shredded lettuce on six plates, sprinkle with lime or lemon juice to prevent discolation then add the filling to the avocado cup.