Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an avocado half stuffed with the same ingredients that are in a california roll. My favorite part of the roll is the avocado, so this is my way of getting all the avocado taste I want.
- 3 Hass avocadoes
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄4 lb crabmeat (optional) or 1⁄4 lb cooked shrimp (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit.
- Mix together remaining ingredients.
- Stuff into avocado half, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy.
This is an excellent recipe. I also made some adjustments for personnel preference. I omitted the rice (only because I wanted the salad now and was too impatient when it came to cooking it). I cut the avocado up and mixed it into a salad form (easier for my toddlers to eat). I added a little more ginger, wasabi and mayo just for taste. Lastly, my family absolutely loves dried seaweed so I took a couple of sheets of seaweed and cut them into thin strips I then mixed them into the salad. Thank you so much for a fast easy and YUMMY meal.
Made for 2013 Zaar Alphabet Soup tag game and this was fabulous. Definately going into my Favorites of 2013. Made as written but next time I think I will try Rita's suggestion and put the filling and sliced avocado in lettuce. Thank you for posting.