1/1 Photo of Stuffed Apples
1 hr 25 mins
Although this calls for packaged stuffing mix, I think these would be a great way to use up leftover stuffing. Recipe source: Southern Living (September 2007)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare stuffing according to package directions (see note in description).
- 2In a skillet cook sausage over medium high heat, stirring until meat is no longer pink (8-10 minutes). Remove sausage with a slotted spoon from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet. Drain sausage on paper towels and set aside.
- 3In a cup stir together 1/4 cup water and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 4Cut apples in half, cutting through stem and bottom ends, scoop out apple pulp and cores into a bowl, leaving 1/4 inch shell. Rub the lemon juice mixture over cut sides of apple shells. Discard cores and seeds, chop the pulp and set aside.
- 5In the same skillet with the drippings over medium high heat sauté the onion and apple pulp for 5-10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and onion is tender.
- 6In a large bowl combine the stuffing, apple mixture, sausage and parsley. Spoon mixture into apple shells (1/2 cup stuffing mixture per apple shell).
- 7Place apples in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and pour 1 cup cider vinegar around apples in dish.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 9If desired garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Apples
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 510.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g