Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Top this oven-baked treat with ice-cream or whipped cream for a warm fall treat.Recipe makes 4 apples.
- 4 large apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon butter (generous tablespoon)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Core apples and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together oats,sugar and pecans;Thoroughly cut in butter.
- Pack mixture firmly into cored apple from both top and bottom to get all the filling inside.
- Place apple on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes,or until apple is tender to the tip of a sharp knife.
- Serve hot,unaccompanied or with cream -whipped or drizzled -or with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
loved these apples, they turned out really lovely. I got a bit happy with and made 9. with double the quantity. They went down a treat... especially with chai tea. I used walnuts instead of pecans as it was all I had in the house.