Recipe by Cocinero
These shrimp are very satisfying, and rich enough that you can only eat a few of them.
- 2 lbs super jumbo shrimp (about 12 to 14 shrimp)
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack pepper cheese (cut in thin slices)
- 1⁄2 lb sharp white cheddar cheese (coon's brand)
- 1 lb hickory smoked bacon
- 4 ounces allegro hot & spicy creole marinade
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon until almost done, but not crispy. Must still be flexible. (I do this in the microwave).
- Butterfly shrimp almost completely through, place in baggie with marinade and mix well.
- Marinate shrimp for 15 to 25 minutes. Remove from marinade and insert one slice each of the two cheeses into the shrimp and fold closed.
- Use a bacon strip to wrap up the shrimp neatly and seal in the cheeses.
- Secure the bacon with toothpics.
- Place over fire on the grill, cook until the bacon is finished and the shrimp are tender, about 5 minutes or so depending on fire temperature.
- Remove toothpics and serve as finger food.