Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great side for whatever meat you might be 'cueing up. Especially if it is some great Canadian beef!
- 4 ripe field tomatoes (I like the ones on the vine)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped herbs, basil, parsley and oregano
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon club house pepper medley pepper (or salt and pepper to taste)
- Have grill preheated to medium.
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- In a bowl combine the herbs, cheese, garlic, oil, and pepper medley.
- Fill the tomatoes with the mixture.
- Grill the tomatoes until tender and the cheese is starting to melt, 8- 10 minutes.
- Remove from BBQ using a flat spatula.
It was great! i think maybe i used too much herbs though - less than two cups, but it wasn't fresh herbs. next time i'll try it with fresh herbs.
Great flavor and great technique. I used 2 tomatoes, one I would consider medium-large and one medium. I used half the cheese/herb mixture but would use the entire amount next time for just two tomatoes.