Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Try 'em.....you'll like 'em. From Sassy Southwest Cooking.
- 18 ripe red jalapeno chiles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup small white onion, chopped
- cilantro, finely chopped
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds and devein. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except pecans, onions and ciloantro.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in pecans and onions.
- Stuff jalapenos with cream cheese until slightly rounded.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro.
- NOTE: It's important to wear gloves when working with jalapeno peppers.
These are absolutely delicious! I baked mine, however (400 degrees for about 25 min). The sweetness of the red jalapenos makes for a wonderful aftertaste. I made these with and without the seeds and also with both green and red jalapenos. The red jalapenos without the seeds are the best! I've made these 3 times in the past month! Perfect for a Sunday afternoon nibble! I imagine some white wine...pinot grigio perhaps, would go wonderfully with these...if I try it I'll post again. Thanks for this recipe!