Recipe by Iron Bloomers
This is an "oldie" from the Jell-o box years ago. Still a favorite & great in the summer. The combos are endless. Have fun & enjoy! Cook time includes chill time
Top Review by Manda
This cake is DIVINE!!! I used french vanilla cake mix because that's what I had, and chocolate pudding. Excellent for summertime because it is so cool and creamy. I can't wait to experiment with different cakes and puddings! Thanks!! ~Manda
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix (2 layer size vanilla or flavor of your choice)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes Jell-O pudding mix (not instant, complimentary flavor for your cake choice, i.e. chocolate with the vanilla cake, my cho)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake as directed using 9x13-inch pan.
- When you remove from oven, immediately poke holes in cake about 1 inch apart with handle of wooden spoon; set cake aside.
- In medium saucepan combine sugar & pudding mix; gently whisk in milk, add butter.
- Cook stirring constantly over medium heat till mixture comes to a full boil.
- Pour evenly and slowly over entire cake-allowing it to run into holes and it will level off "frosting" the cake also.
- Chill at least 2 hours; serve topped with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Store cake in fridge.