Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from a Nov 2003 local newspaper clipping, in response to a reader looking for a recipe for a cake similar to one at a Hometown Buffet restaurant in Ohio. Preparation time is mostly the time it takes to chill & set up.
Top Review by mmlwjr
had to try this recipe it was on a tag game so got alot of recipies off that ...made it with the "mom's sstrawberry pie" so it was more homeade. We went to town but had supper with my favorite daughter in law (only have one) she loved it & definately wants the recipe, also had to borrow an angle food pan so will return it with the recipe in it, cant wait to try it again using maybe chocolate pudding & the strawberries mmmmmmm
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear cake into bite-sized pieces & put in a 13"x9" baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix milk, sour cream & pudding until thickened.
- Spread over cake, & let chill 30 minutes.
- Spread pie filling on top of cake.
- Spread whipped cream over top of pie filling.
- Chill in refrigerator. Can be made a day ahead.