1/1 Photo of Strawberry Topped Angel Food Cake
lil pilgrim's Note:
Once you've made this angel food cake, you'll never go back to a box mix again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a very large mixing bowl bring egg whites to room temperature.
- 2Meanwhile, sift the powdered sugar and flour together 3 times and SET ASIDE.
- 3Add cream of tartar and vanilla to egg whites.
- 4Beat with an electric mixer (I use my KA stand mixer) on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- 5Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight up).
- 6Sift about one-fourth of the flour/powdered sugar mixture over the egg white mixture, then fold in gently.
- 7Repeat sifting and folding in the remaining flour mixture, using one-fourth of the flour mixture each time.
- 8Gently pour the batter evenly into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- 9Gently cut through the cake batter with a knife.
- 10Bake on the lowest rack in a 350°F oven for 40-45 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- 11Immediately invert the cake in the pan and cool completely.
- 12Using a knife, loosen the sides of the cake from the pan, don’t forget to cut around the center hole.
- 13Then carefully cover the pan with a large plate and invert the pan onto the plate.
- 14Serves 12.
- 15Recipe from: BH& G- Old Fashioned Baking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Topped Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g