Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This comes from "Preserving for All Seasons" by Anne Gardon. Strawberries are my favorite fruit for preserving, and tarragon is such a lovely fresh herb. I plan to try it soon!
- 1182.95 ml fresh strawberries, crushed
- 946.36 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- Put strawberries and sugar in a veavy saucepan and bring slowly to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. (If you can, get a stool that is high enough for you to sit on and see into the pot. This will really save your feet!).
- Add tarragon leaves. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often to prevent burning, until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars and seal.
- NOTE: You may can these in a hot water bath for 5 minutes, if desired, but the quantity of your yield makes just enough for you to keep a jar or two in the fridge and give one as a gift.