Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Have not tried this yet. When your ready to serve this top it with Cool Whip.
- 1⁄2 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 dash salt
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 quart frozen strawberry
- whipped topping
- Boil tapioca, salt and water for 20 minutes.
- Add jello and sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Add frozen strawberries and stir occasionally until thawed. Cool.
This didn't quite live up to my expectations. I wondered about not soaking the tapioca first since there's such a long boil time...I should have soaked it. The tapioca was still hard in the middle. Also it was too sweet for me and had the consistency of partially set jelly, so it was hard to dish and eat. I think with some changes this could be a wonderful dessert but it just didn't work for me. Sorry.