Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
In this grown-up float, "sorbato" (a cross between sorbet and gelato) stands in for the ice cream, and bubbly Prosecco is used in place of soda. These look so pretty, served in champagne flutes! Bon Appetit Magazine. April 2009 edition. ;) Get the ice cream machine ready!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle prosecco or 1 (750 ml) bottleother sparkling white wine, chilled
- Toss berries, sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- Let stand until juicy, about 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture in batches in blender; press through fine strainer into medium bowl.
- Mix cream and lemon juice into puree.
- Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to container; cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.
- Place 1 scoop sorbato in each of 8 glasses.
- Fill each glass with Prosecco (sorbato will float to top).