Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something different for ice cream lovers! Be sure to use a *good* ice cream for this. This pie takes some time to make because of all the refreezing so make sure you have planned the approx. 4.5 hours of freezing.
- 1 (7 ounce) package waffle cones, broken into pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (1 quart) containerspremium vanilla ice cream
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- waffle cone, pieces if desired (to garnish)
- 1 whole strawberries (to garnish) or 1 whole blueberries, if desired (to garnish)
- Put first 3 ingredients in food processor and process until finely crushed.
- Press firmly onto the bottom of a lightly greased 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack.
- Take vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and let stand for 20 minutes to soften.
- Put strawberries and 2 tbsps. powdered sugar in food processor and process until pureed, scraping down sides if needed.
- Remove mixture from food processor and set aside.
- Pur blueberries and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar in food processor and process until pureed, scraping down sides if needed.
- Remove mixture from processor and set aside.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Place 1 quart of the ice cream in a large bowl.
- Fold strawberry mixture into ice cream until blended.
- Place in freezer until slightly firm.
- Divide remaining quart of ice cream in half.
- Put halves in different bowls.
- Stir blueberry mixture in one half and banana mixture in the other half.
- Place bowls in the freezer.
- Spread half of the strawberry mixture evenly into prepared crust in pan.
- Place pan and remeining strawberry mixture in the freezer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread banana mixture evenly over strawberry mixture and return to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Repeat same procedure with blueberry mixture.
- Spread remaining strawberry mixture over blueberry mixture.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until all layers are firm.
- Take pie out of freezer and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Garnish pie if desired.