Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 4 cups hulled fresh strawberries or 4 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 5 kiwi fruits, peeled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- If using fresh strawberries, spread them on a baking sheet and place in the freezer until frozen solid, at least 4 hours.
- If using pre purchased frozen strawberries, make sure they too are frozen solid.
- In a food processor, process the berries until they for very fine icy shards.
- Add the lemon juice and condensed milk and process until the mixture is smooth and pale pink.
- Serve now or freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- For Kiwi topping:.
- Cut 4 of the kiwi fruit into chunks.
- In a food processor, puree the kiwi chunks with the water until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl and add the sugar and tequila.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Serve immediately over Strawberry shaved ice or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Slice remaining kiwis to garnish each serving.