Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
This comes from my Parish House Inn Breakfast cookbook. This is the sauce that goes with the Strawberry And Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 cup jam (strawberry, or other variation)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- walnuts (chopped) (optional)
- mix cornstarch and water, set aside.
- heat jam to a boil, add cornstarch mixture.
- stir constantly, bring to a boil, simmer 3 minutes.
- add lemon juice and chopped walnuts (if desired).
- spoon over french toast.
Well, I'm gonna have to make this another time for your French toast recipe, 'cause this time around it was strictly for using on ice cream & tapioca pudding ~ And it was very nice, both times! This is a very nice, easy way to come up with a great sauce! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]