Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Blue Diamond Berry Farm is a U-Pick Strawberry patch where I have picked delicious strawberries. They hand out recipes and this is one of them.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup halved green grape (optional)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pretzel
- 1 can mandarin orange segments (optional)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a container with tight fitting lid and shake well.
- Set aside.
- Toss together salad greens and strawberries with dressing.
- Sprinkle with almonds and pretzels.
- Serve immediately.
Great recipe. I used all the ingredients except the mandarin oranges and sugared and toasted the almonds. The dressing was a nice combination of flavors. I will make this again when our local strawberries are in. Thanks Shar-on for sharing the recipe.
I loved the combination of fruits in this salad. The dressing has a bit of a bite, is not overly sweet, with an intersting flavor from the curry. I think sauteeing the pretzel pieces in a bit of butter would be wonderful, too. Thanks Shar-on!
We love this salad. The dressing is amazing! I used a mild sweet curry in the dressing and it was perfect. I used a bag of greens (approx 7 1/2 C) and the other ingredients as stated (except the mandarin oranges since I forgot them). I didn't mix in the almonds, pretzels or dressing, just letting each person add them to their liking. Such a wonderful mix of flavors and textures. We will be having this again! Thanks.