Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A deliciously sweet tasting porridge, almost like having pancakes in the morning! For extra protein add one egg that has been lightly beaten.
- 5⁄8 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons light ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g strawberries, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk, you could use soy milk also
- heat strawberries mashed in pot with splenda, stir until heated.
- add oats and salt and boil. if the contents become too dry, add some hot water and keep stirring until the oats are cooked.
- when the oats are cooked, add ricotta and stir until heated through. For extra protein add one egg here that has been lightly beaten.
- Serve with skim milk or soy milk and add some honey if you'd like this a little sweeter.
This is a really nice way to serve porridge. I only had 3 large strawbs left so just used those and added a little milk to help the oats cook. Toddler DD was most impressed with her pink porridge and I want to try with the egg added next time to see if I can sneak som googies in her as she normally wont touch them. Thanks for posting!