Recipe by Chef Doozer
My kids have started requesting this cake for their birthdays! It is very easy to make. Poking holes into a cake with a fork is fun for the whole family. :) The icing bowl gets licked clean whenever I make this.
Top Review by Peaches N Cream
I made this cake for the first time and my family looovvedddddd! I had the whole pan gone that same day! Thanks! This is definitely a keeper if you like cold cakes! I will definitely be putting this in my recipe file and making all the time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) can strawberry soda
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pint strawberry (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare white cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake as directed.
- When the cake is almost done, mix the strawberry Jell-O, boiling water, and strawberry soda together.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, prick holes in it with a fork, and immediately pour the strawberry soda mixture over the cake.
- To prepare icing, gently beat together dry pudding mix, Cool Whip, and milk.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Garnish with strawberries if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.