Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
It looks fancy but it's so easy!! Cooking time does not count the hours of cooling in the oven. It would work best making the meringue either the night before or early in the day then finish just before serving.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 cups strawberries (raspberries, peaches or blueberries can also be used)
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glossy peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
- On foil-lined baking sheet, spread meringue into a 10-inch circle, pushing up edges to form a slight ridge.
- Bake in a 275-degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until firm to the touch. Turn off oven and leave meringue in oven to dry. Remove foil, and let cool. Place on serving platter.
- Slice the strawberries. Just before serving, spread whipped cream over meringue and cover with fruit. Cut into wedges.
superb, the recipe was easy and no fuss, I made mine into small meringue nests, broke them up into a champagne glass and dolloped Kahlua chocolate mousse over them, just heaven, great quick recipe.
Beautiful, but easy and ever so delicious. There was none of this left. The only thing I would change next time is to add a tiny bit of Splenda or sugar and vanilla when I beat the whipping cream. I had thought with the sweetness of the meringue it wouldn't need it, but it does need just a touch of sugar. Wonderful, thank you!
I made this for Easter dinner and it looked so beautiful with sliced strawberries and kiwis. My grandkids devoured it. It was so easy to make the meringue the day before, and I assembled the Pavlova just before serving. EASY & DELICIOUS!