Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
This is an quick and easy summer dessert recipe which was found in a magazine.
Top Review by CrystalB
I found this identical recipe in my Kraft What's Cooking Magazine and was going to post it. I'll review your recipe instead! I made it with Oreo Baking Crumbs (I was out of graham cracker crumbs) and everyone loved it that way. I omitted the lemon extract. I imagine this simple dessert could be made using any of your favourite fresh or canned fruit and corresponding Jello powder.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (or raspberries)
- 85 g strawberry gelatin or 85 g raspberry gelatin powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham crumbs and butter.
- Press one cup of mixture onto the bottom of a 9" square pan. Set remaining crumb mixture aside.
- Combine berries, dry jelly powder, sugar and lemon extract if using in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer 3 minutes or until jelly powder is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool 20 minutes to room temperature.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping and pour over crust.
- Refridgerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cover with remaining whipped topping, and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Cut into 24 pieces to serve.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.