Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an quick and easy summer dessert recipe which was found in a magazine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (or raspberries)
- 85 g strawberry gelatin or 85 g raspberry gelatin powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, divided
- Mix graham crumbs and butter.
- Press one cup of mixture onto the bottom of a 9" square pan. Set remaining crumb mixture aside.
- Combine berries, dry jelly powder, sugar and lemon extract if using in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer 3 minutes or until jelly powder is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool 20 minutes to room temperature.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping and pour over crust.
- Refridgerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cover with remaining whipped topping, and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Cut into 24 pieces to serve.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
I found this identical recipe in my Kraft What's Cooking Magazine and was going to post it. I'll review your recipe instead! I made it with Oreo Baking Crumbs (I was out of graham cracker crumbs) and everyone loved it that way. I omitted the lemon extract. I imagine this simple dessert could be made using any of your favourite fresh or canned fruit and corresponding Jello powder.
This was really good. Tried it with raspberries, but would probably taste just as good using strawberries. Thanks for posting. Quick and easy.