Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are kind of like a raspberry square but MUCH more simple.
- 2 (7 ounce) packages strawberry muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry preserves
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together one pkg muffin mix and 1/4 cup butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Spray a 9inch square pan with non stick cooking spray and then wipe out with a paper towel.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- (I do this pan pouring mixture into pan, placing a piece of wax paper over it and using my fingers to press it down, then remove wax paper.).
- Next spread out preserves over the muffin mixture. ( I also use to waxed paper to spread this out.).
- In the same bowl as used before, mix together the second pkg of muffin mix and the remaining 1/4 cup butter until crumbly.
- Pour this on top of the preserves and spread out. Do not pack this down like the bottom layer. You want it totally covering the preserves but not packed tight.
- Place in the oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
- If you like you can sprinkle a small amount of powdered sugar on just before serving.
- ** If the strawberry preserves are too sweet, replace them with sugar free preserves or an all fruit spread.
- *** You can make this with any combo of muffin mix and filling. Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix and Apple Jelly. Blueberry Muffin Mix and Grape Jelly. They all work great! Just use your imagination!