Recipe by Sharon123
Refreshing and healthy too! This works best on a summer sunny day! In the winter I just make this by heating the water to boiling, then steeping the tea bags for 10-20 minutes. Adapted from the Heart & Stroke Foundation.
Top Review by iewe
I like the combination of the strawberries and mint... Though I used a mint tea instead of the fresh mint, due to what I had on hand. Used sugar instead of honey to sweeten. Thanks!
- 6 cups cold water
- 4 caffeine-free herbal berry tea bags
- 2 sprigs mint leaves
- 24 frozen whole strawberries
- 24 ice cubes
- sugar or honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cold water in a large clear glass pitcher or jar.
- Add the tea bags and the mint leaves.
- Cover with a small dish towel or washcloth, large enough to keep debris and bugs out.
- Place the tea in direct sunlight for 4 to 5 hours.
- Divide the strawberries and ice between six tall glasses.
- Discard the tea bags and mint.
- Sweeten to taste with sugar or honey.
- Pour the tea into the glasses and serve. Enjoy!