Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, did we ever enjoy this tasty drink. I Iove strawberries and limes, this was tailor made just for me. So quick and easy to make with terrific results. It had a really lovely strawberry flavor, that was drawn out of the berries by cooking them. So worth the extra effort. I did add a little spring water to the twister for my dh who enjoys a more subtle flavor. Thank you for sharing this winner. We will be enjoying this during the hot summer days to come. Made for Spring Pac 2014
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- mint sprig (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the strawberries, sugar, and water to a boil, and then simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then strain through a sieve, pressing to extract as much juice as possible.
- Stir in the lime juice, and serve in tall glasses over ice.
- Garnish with mint.