Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe taken from Family Circle magazine. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but looks delicious!
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- In a 3 quart heatproof pitcher, stir together sugar, gelatin and boiling water.
- Continue stirring until sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
- Add cold water and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate to chill, serve over ice.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
SOOOOOOO GOOOOODDDDD!!! I changed the order of things a bit b/c I was worried about my pitcher being able to take the heat. I boiled the water in a small saucepan and then added the gelatin and 3/4 sugar and stirred to dissolve. I let it cool for about 2 min and then added it to the pitcher which had room temp water. Finally, added the lemon (fresh squeezed). It is winter, but this is just SO TASTY!!!!
Five stars just for how quick this is to whip up! I used 3/4 cup of sugar since the gelatin was already sweetened, and that was plenty for us. I use almost exclusively fresh fruit and veg for cooking, but I've always had a soft spot for artificial strawberry flavouring, so this really hit the spot for that. Pretty colour too! Thanks K & W & c! Made for PAC Spring 2008.