Recipe by Miss Annie in Indy
I really wanted some ice cream, but trying to loose weight. So I came up with this and it's very good. Ice "cream" without all the fat and guilt but plenty of taste! You could use any frozen fruit you have on hand and I think it would work just as good. Check out the nutritional values on this treat. Makes one large treat or two smaller ones.
Top Review by kelly in TO
Brilliant! I only used a 1/4 tsp Splenda which is all I needed, and I topped it off with fresh mint. I agree with Ladypit, I too make lots of smoothies but the use of the powered milk made all the difference, I loved it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen strawberries (must be frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar, to taste (I use splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen strawberries in food chopper (I use the ultimate chopper, even chops the berry seeds) and chop until the strawberries are frozen crystals.
- Add powdered milk, 2-3 tablespoons of water, sugar and vanilla.
- Pulse chopper until mixture is consistency of ice cream.
- You may have to add little more of the water and pulse more to get the consistency you like.
- This is more the consistency of "soft serve" ice cream rather than the hard kind in the freezer section.