Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really wanted some ice cream, but trying to loose weight. So I came up with this and it's very good. Ice "cream" without all the fat and guilt but plenty of taste! You could use any frozen fruit you have on hand and I think it would work just as good. Check out the nutritional values on this treat. Makes one large treat or two smaller ones.
- Place frozen strawberries in food chopper (I use the ultimate chopper, even chops the berry seeds) and chop until the strawberries are frozen crystals.
- Add powdered milk, 2-3 tablespoons of water, sugar and vanilla.
- Pulse chopper until mixture is consistency of ice cream.
- You may have to add little more of the water and pulse more to get the consistency you like.
- This is more the consistency of "soft serve" ice cream rather than the hard kind in the freezer section.
Brilliant! I only used a 1/4 tsp Splenda which is all I needed, and I topped it off with fresh mint. I agree with Ladypit, I too make lots of smoothies but the use of the powered milk made all the difference, I loved it.
WOW. this is not quite ice cream but is so much creamier than a sorbet. i accidentally used 1/2 cup of dry milk, but i dont think it hurt the results ;) i used a couple tbsp of splenda and added the vanilla. it was so decadent, its definitely one the best recipes ive tried on zaar!
Excellent way to get your two a day in. I've been enjoying strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches and blackberries this way for years. It's divine.