Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Delicious! So good on butter cookies and chocolate mini cupcakes! It takes about 3/4 cup hulled strawberries to make 1/2 cup mashed.
Top Review by mtnmstr
The taste was great, but the consistency was very thin, like a yogurt more than frosting. Maybe I did something wrong, but I didn't want to add more sugar because it was already way too sweet (for my taste)... That being said, most of our guests were licking it off the plates :)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup mashed drained fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together the cream cheese and butter using an electric mixer on low speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add 3 cups powdered sugar, gradually, and the mashed strawberries; blend frosting again on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, 1 minute.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and blend frosting until fluffy, 30-45 seconds more, adding up to 1/2 cup more sugar to make desired spreading consistency.
- Use as desired.