Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious! So good on butter cookies and chocolate mini cupcakes! It takes about 3/4 cup hulled strawberries to make 1/2 cup mashed.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup mashed drained fresh strawberries
- Blend together the cream cheese and butter using an electric mixer on low speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add 3 cups powdered sugar, gradually, and the mashed strawberries; blend frosting again on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, 1 minute.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and blend frosting until fluffy, 30-45 seconds more, adding up to 1/2 cup more sugar to make desired spreading consistency.
- Use as desired.
The taste was great, but the consistency was very thin, like a yogurt more than frosting. Maybe I did something wrong, but I didn't want to add more sugar because it was already way too sweet (for my taste)... That being said, most of our guests were licking it off the plates :)
This is much more of an icing than a frosting. I just about doubled the powdered sugar, and that didn't make a difference. On the plus side, the strawberry taste is powerful, and luckily I will be serving these to teenagers so the sweetness shouldn't be an issue. In the future I might try this again, only adding tbsp if strawberry at a time. This would be good drizzled over angel food cake.
I wish I would have read the reviews first. Frosting way too thin even after adding more sugar. Wasted alot of money on ingredients to have throw it out. There is no way it would stay on a cake.