Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My friends & I used to make this to drink on hot summer nights - great grown-ups icecream shake! I add the Baileys to taste, 1/2c is just an approximation - depends whether the girls are in a good mood or not! For Aussies & Kiwis you can substitute the chocolate for 8 regular toffee pops or Tim-Tams.
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream (I use a large scoop)
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 12 large strawberries, hulled & chopped in half
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- Put the chocolate & milk in the blender & pulse until the chocolate is only slightly chunky (i.e. you won't choke when you swallow it).
- Add the strawberries, icecream, Baileys & Kahlua & pulse until well combined.
- Serve straight away with long spoons (as this can be quite thick - depending on the icecream you may need to add a little extra milk).
DH actually drooled over this. This could be quite addictice. He love Irish Cream and I love Kahlua an strawberries. I semi melted the chocolate first so it was easy to blend. Talk about an nice late evening decadent dessert. Thanks LittleKiwiChook. This is a winner.
we tried this and its out of this world.. yummy, yummy!
Sinfully delicious! A definite keeper. I really did spurge and use Half and Half for the milk. Made for PAC-Fall06. Thanks for posting!